Chiropractors look at the spine for joint fixations, subluxations, and joint motion dysfunction. In a very similar way, extremities can have fixations, subluxations, and joint motion restrictions. These problems may be chronic or acute and many people have great relief from their extremity adjustments. Extremities include any joint not in the spinal column.
Signs or possible symptoms of an extremity issue that can be helped by a chiropractor:
- Extremity pain or pain in the joint
- Weakness in an extremity or joint
- Stiffness in an extremity
- Immobility of an extremity
- Numbness or tingling in an extremity
- Catching or locking of an extremity joint
Dr. Favro evaluates extremities as it relates to your current condition. For example, chronic lower back pain can result in an issue with knee or ankle immobility and acute neck pain can come from lack of shoulder motion. Specific evaluation of these joint can determine if they are functioning properly.